Tuesday, 17 August 2010

All's now back to normal in Gloom.

The monks' annual rains retreat is over and now, released from barracks, many have swapped the temple for the nearby football ground. Some quite interesting injuries have already come to light.

During the same period I completed an informal nyendrup of 150000 Vajrayogini mantras and a number of preliminary practices and sent any merit in your direction, for what it's worth.

At the end of the rains retreat the entire monastery processed to the Gelugpa Gompa and celebrated the 16 Arhats puja before returning home for a day long party which began a week's holiday. It was a little daunting as it was my first public appearance in monks' robes. And I had to give a speech. But everyone was extremely supportive and joyful.

I feel very at home, despite the rain and fog. The people here are fantastic and banter is never far away. . . This week begins the annual Vajrakilaya ritual and exams. Will write at length later this week.

0 comments:


My name is Kunga. I'm a Buddhist monk and citizen of planet Earth. Welcome to my blog.