Thursday, 28 April 2011

Link to 'Thangkas by Tashi' Facebook page

Thangkas are a Himalayan art form depicting Buddhas and meditational figures on canvas, which can be rolled up and transported more easily than a metal or clay statue.

I'm taking this opportunity to highlight the artwork of my friend Tsering Tashi, a promising young Tibetan Thangka artist living in South India. Tashi was trained for several years and has worked on many different assignments and private commissions.

Like so many Tibetans in exile, it can be very difficult to find any meaningful livelihood in India, so when someone like Tashi demonstrates real talent and integrity it is something worth promoting.

Please visit his Facebook page and see a small selection of his work - some of which I commissioned myself for use in retreat. Even better, why not commission something yourself? This not only helps preserve and disseminate Tibetan culture, but is also a source of merit and something that can be used to enrich your practice or just beautify your home. He's a friendly guy and will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

He hopes to have a website up and running soon (any help appreciated, btw!). I wish him every success.

0 comments:


My name is Kunga. I'm a Buddhist monk and citizen of planet Earth. Welcome to my blog.